Thursday, November 12, 2009

Droplets of nostalgia

IT'S RAINING !!...These have been the golden words which could light up my day...the smell of wet mud, the feeling of getting drenched top to bottom, the sight of wet leaves..!

WOW!!The rainy season has always managed to bring back wonderful childhood memories.I can never forget how I would be eagerly awaiting the first rain and then would rush out. I would stand there till I was drenched. It was what I could call my few seconds of ecstasy.

Umbrellas in their varied colours were another great fascination. I can never forget the image of how it would look when I would be leaving from school on a rainy day. The ground would be filled with students with their colourful umbrellas and raincoats.

And the there was also those golden words written on the notice board or spoken by the office clerk when one would call on some days .." Holiday notice, school closed today "!I remember praying for heavy rains whenever we had loads of maths homework due or a Telugu test. (I was awful in Telugu but for three years I had to learn it.. and I can very proudly say that even now my Telugu is as awful as it was in school !!)

Coming back to the present..a gloom fills my mind when I think of the rain. Now what I once considered ecstasy is something I dread . Rain now brings to my mind the imagery of a dirty road, grey sky and a feeling of despair..

How things change in life!I had always heard that as you grow , things change and so does the way in which you look at things.Change is progress , but somehow this change has bought my life to a standstill. But then it is these memories that hold a special in your heart and whenever I am low , they manage to bring a smile to my face..Just like right now...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment