Thursday, November 12, 2009

Personal v/s Personal

When I started this blog, I thought I would write about things I love..nothing negative.. but then people simply don't call me the height of pessimism !! While writing the first post , I was wondering..what would I write ? A quick online search and I get a definition.. an online diary which I could share with the world. This made me think..could I really compare this medium to the 200 page notebook , where as a child I would spill my heart out.

My personal diary was like the best friend I never had but always craved for. School, I must admit was one of the darkest chapters of my life.I guess I just never "fitted in". The diary,was a place where I could express my anger and anguish. I have grown up reading stories like Malory towers, where I was introduced to the concept of personal diaries. I remember going to these card and stationary shops and staring at the pretty personal diaries with locks. How I wished for one !

But there was always an alternative for your cravings in life. I found that in a spare 200 page notebook amongst my school notebooks. I remember sitting down and covering it .. a blue page torn from one of those large wall calenders. I guess when we are in school we tend to enjoy art.. I remember using sand and glitter along with an image of a little girl ( or something like that..) taken from an old card to decorate it.

Ever night before I slept..I would pen down my frustrations and joys..they might appear trivial now but then they were the basics of my life. Writing and hiding the diary so that my mother and sister wouldn't find out about it ( I guess now they will come to know..!) were moments which bought the required "lift" to my life. But as I grew , I discovered something which would not only listen to my worries but would also console me..She was always there.. I just failed to realise..my mom !!

That saw the end of my so called personal diary. Now I am away from home and do go through moments which remind me of school.. I feel the same despair ..I know my mother is just a phone call away.. but still..

Would this modernised personal diary be able to fill in the void ??

3 comments:

  1. okiee...dats it..! m gonna sing..."maa..meri maa..pyaari maa...mummaa..."!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey.. same pinch ..:)thats the shortest possible way now to tell u some thing.. :)coz.. I too loved writing all crap; I mean those silly thoughts of mine, in childhood.. Though I no longer have dat habit, I can still remember the enthu I had wen it came 2 writing some thing in ma personal.. ( "highly personal" :) dats wat I used to tell my mom ) diary... a sort of nostalgia..

    ReplyDelete